Is Discord or BetterDiscord crashing whenever you try to open it and do you want to fix it?
When you access your settings, does the “Looks like Discord has crashed unexpectedly” error pop up?
The next part of the error is, “We’ve tracked the error and will get right on it”.
You will get this error when you’re using Discord or BetterDiscord on a computer.
You can also encounter it if you’ve updated BetterDiscord or its plugins.
In this article, I will tell you how to fix the “Looks like Discord has crashed unexpectedly. We’ve tracked the error” on Discord or BetterDiscord.
Why did Discord crash unexpectedly?
Discord says “Looks like Discord has crashed unexpectedly” because an error is troubling the app to crash.
The error can occur because of the latest Discord update.
You can also face this error on BetterDiscord if you have updated it recently.
It can also occur when you update a plugin or install a new one to BetterDiscord.
The reason behind it is that some plugins may be conflicting with BetterDiscord.
Common plugins that lead to the crashing include “0BDFBD” and “ZeresPluginLibrary”.
When Discord crashes, you only get the feature to reload it.
However, it can result in a crashing loop and Discord will never start.
How to Fix “Looks like Discord has crashed unexpectedly”
To fix “Looks like Discord has crashed unexpectedly” on Discord, the ideal way is to uninstall and reinstall Discord completely.
It will remove the corrupted files that are relevant to Discord.
After that, you can redownload it from the Microsoft Store.
If you don’t have BetterDiscord, you can download it and use it.
If you are already using BetterDiscord, try to remove some of the plugins.
Solution 1: Completely uninstall and reinstall Discord
- Go to the Task Manager by pressing these keys (CTRL + ALT+ DEL) > Processes > Discord > End Task.
- Use the Windows search and search for “%temp%”> delete all of the files/folders inside it.
- Use the Windows search and search for “%appdata%”> right-click Discord and delete it.
- Search for “%localappdata% from Windows Search > right-click on Discord and delete it.
- Visit the discord’s website from this link: https://discord.com/, download Discord, and open it.
Solution 2: Download Discord from the Microsoft Store
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Search for “Discord” to find it.
- Hit the “Install” button.
- Open Discord.
Solution 3: Download BetterDiscord
Note: If you already using BetterDiscord, you can avoid this method.
- Visit their website: https://betterdiscord.app/.
- Click on the download button and run the installer.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Choose “Install BetterDiscord”.
- Select “Discord” next to “Install”.
- Open BetterDiscord.
Solution 4: Remove BetterDiscord’s plugins (if you’re using BetterDiscord)
- Search for “%appdata%” using Windows Search > open “betterdiscord” > open “plugins”.
- Get rid of unwanted/corrupted/outdated plugins such as 0BDFBD, ZeresPluginLibrary.
- Go to this link: https://betterdiscord.app/ > download > run the installer.
- Accept the license agreement > Repair BetterDiscord > Discord > Repair > Yes > Ok.
- Open the Task Manager using these keys from keyboard (CTRL + ALT+ DEL) > Processes > Discord > End Task > Open Discord.
Note: If you’re not confident that which plugin is causing it, delete everything in the folder but it is highly recommended to make a backup first.
How to Fix “Well this is Awkward” on Discord
How to Fix Discord Unable to Register Based on the Information
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts tips and tricks, etc.