Are you getting this error message, “We’ve detected suspicious behavior from phone numbers similar to yours” on ChatGPT?
The next part of the error is, “Please try again later or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com”.
The developer of ChatGPT is OpenAI and it is also an AI that communicates with you in a human-like tone.
It is smart enough to deny inappropriate requests, assume them and answer follow up questions.
This company is paying attention to developing and promoting advanced AI tech.
The objective of OpenAI is to create AI that helps humanity to do advanced research in a safe manner.
In 2015, it was founded in San Francisco, California and the founders are Elon Musk and Sam Altman.
In this article, I will tell you how to fix “We’ve detected suspicious behavior from phone numbers similar to yours” on ChatGPT.
What does “We’ve detected suspicious behavior” mean on Chat GPT?
“We’ve detected suspicious behavior from a phone number similar to yours” is a security error message that you can face on ChatGPT.
The error message occurs when their system detects potential dangerous or unauthorized activity related to a phone number.
This error is issued as a warning that the phone number might be used for unauthorized access or spamming and they have blocked it temporarily.
This error message acts as a protection of ChatGPT and avoids abuse/unauthorized access to OpenAI.
How to fix “We’ve detected suspicious behavior” on ChatGPT
To fix “We’ve detected suspicious behavior” on ChatGPT, the best bet is to use a new phone number.
For this purpose, you can also try using another phone number online that is not taken yet.
If you have just begun your journey and trying your phone number for the first time and facing the error, you have to contact OpenAI support for additional help.
They will help you to fix the issue and how to do it.
Solution 1: Use another phone number
- If you have another phone number, use it to link to your ChatGPT/OpenAI account.
- For this purpose, you can also use the phone number of your friend or family number.
Solution 2: Use a temporary phone number
- You can obtain a temporary phone number, use this guide on Free virtual mobile numbers for SMS verification and it has the list of temporary phone numbers which are available at one place.
- Go to one of those websites and get a number and try sending a code—keep trying until you get a number that is not linked with two accounts.
- After receiving the code on your temporary phone number, enter it to complete the account creation.
Solution 3: Contact OpenAI support
- Visit this link https://help.openai.com/.
- Click on the chat bubble available on the bottom right and follow these steps.
- Messages > Send us a message.
- Login or Sign up Issues > No.
- Provide your email address and write your message.
Use this message for inspiration, “Hi OpenAI team. When I try to link my phone number, it shows me this error that the system detected suspicious behavior. I need your assistance to fix it”.
How to Fix “This phone number is already linked” on ChatGPT
How to Fix 403 Forbidden on ChatGPT
How to Fix ChatGPT Error Code 1020 Access Denied
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts tips and tricks, etc.