Are you facing a “UE4-HK_project” error whenever you start the Stray game on Steam?
The full error message is, “The UE4-HK_project Game has crashed and will close”.
A lot of users are reporting that they are getting this error message.
If you’ve recently bought the Stray game, you cannot play it until you fix the error.
To fix it, you need to verify the game files, downloading and extracting dxvk for Windows 7, or update your graphics card for that.
Solution 1: Verify the game files for Stray
- Go to Steam.
- Go to your library.
- Now, right-click the Stray game.
- Click on “Properties”.
- Now, select “Local Files”.
- Lastly, click on “Verify integrity of game files…”.
After clicking on “Verify integrity of game files…”, wait until the process is completed.
Solution 2: Download and extract dxvk (for Windows 7)
- Firstly, visit https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases.
- Scroll down and download “dxvk-1.10.2.tar.gz”.
- Extract the file.
- Go to the folder that is extracted.
- Open the “x64” folder.
- Now, copy all of the extension files in the folder.
- Open Steam and visit your library.
- Right-click the Stray game and click on “Properties”.
- Click on “Local Files” and click on “Browse”.
- Open the “Hk_project” folder.
- Open the “Binaries” folder next to the “Win64” folder.
- Lastly, paste all of the extension files that you’ve copied in Step 6.
After pasting all of the extension files, try opening the Stray game.
This time, the game will start running without crashing.
Just remember that this method only works for the Windows 7 operating system.
If you’re on a newer version of Windows such as Windows 8 or 10, you cannot use this method.
Solution 3: Update your graphics card
- If you have a Nvidia graphics card, download the GeForce experience app: https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/geforce/geforce-experience/download/.
- Log in or create a new Nvidia account.
- Click on “Drivers” and click on “Check for updates”.
- Lastly, click on “Download”.
After downloading the update, try starting the Stray game.
This time, the game shouldn’t crash and as a result, you can play it
If you’re using an AMD graphics card, it can be updated by downloading the app from this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support.
If you need additional assistance, you can post your issue on the official Stray forum on Steam from this URL: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1332010/discussions/.
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts tips and tricks, etc.