Are you facing a “LowLevelFatalError” whenever you start the Stray game on Steam?
The full error message is, “LowLevelFatalError [File Unknown] [Line:258]”.
Along with, “Direct3DDevice->CreateUnorderedAccessView(Texture->GetResource(), &UAVDesc”.
The end part of the error is, “with error E_INVALIDARG”.
To fix it, you need to try verifying the integrity of the Stray game files, downloading and extracting dxvk (works only for Windows 7), or update your graphics card for this purpose.
Solution 1: Verify the Stray game files
- Go to Steam.
- Go to your library.
- Now, right-click the Stray game.
- Click on “Properties”.
- Now, select “Local Files”.
- Lastly, click on “Verify integrity of game files…”.
After clicking on “Verify integrity of game files…“, wait until this process gets completed.
After doing so, try to re-start the Stray game and the error message should be fixed.
Solution 2: Download and extract dxvk (only for Windows 7)
- First of all, visit https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases.
- Download “dxvk-1.10.2.tar.gz”.
- After that, extract the “dxvk-1.10.2.tar.gz” file.
- Open the folder that is extracted.
- Open the “x64” folder.
- Copy all of the extension files available in the folder.
- Open Steam and visit your library.
- Right-click the Stray game and click on “Properties”.
- Click on “Local Files” > “Browse”.
- Open “Hk_project” > “Binaries” > “Win64”.
- Lastly, you have to paste all of the extension files that you’ve copied in step 6.
After pasting all of the extension files, try to reboot the Stray game.
This time, the error message should be gone and the game will be started without crashing.
Just remember that this solution only works for the Windows 7 operating system.
If you’re on a newer version of Windows like Windows 10, this method is not for you.
Solution 3: Update your graphics card
- If you’re using an Nvidia graphics card, your task is to install the GeForce experience app using this URL: https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/geforce/geforce-experience/download/.
- Sign in or create a new Nvidia account (Facebook can also be used).
- Click on “Drivers” > “Check for updates”.
- Lastly, click on “Download” to update your graphics card.
After downloading the update, try restarting the Stray game.
This time, the game will not crash and you’ll be able to play it due to the upgraded graphics card.
If you’re on an AMD graphics card, it can be updated by installing the app from this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support.
If you need more help, you can submit your issue on the official Stray forum on Steam here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1332010/discussions/.
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts, codes, links, tips and tricks, etc.