To use Midjourney, you have to utilize the “/imagine” command accompanied by keywords.
Apart from the “/imagine”, command, there are a lot of other commands available that can be used.
These are the functions of the AI that can you can type in a bot channel or a thread under it.
You can use some commands to change the quality of the image generation.
Other commands help you to change the size of the image.
In this post, I will tell you all of the Midjourney commands such as command inputs, stylize values, quality values, and so on.
Basic Midjourney commands
Here is a list of Midjourney commands that can be used on Discord frequently.
- /imagine (e.g. /imagine waffles and pancakes).
- /help (info about the bot).
- /relax (your jobs do not cost, but takes longer to generate).
- /show <jobid> (revive any job).
- /info (info about your profile).
- /subscribe (subscribe to the bot).
- /fast (your jobs will be incrementally billed).
- /private (your jobs are private).
- /public (your jobs are public).
Parameters are inputs that can be added at the end of the “/imagine” command.
You can use this as an example, “/imagine pancakes and waffles –q3 –iw 0.25
- –beta (an experimental algorithm).
- –hd (an older algorithm for higher resolutions).
- –h (sets the height of the image).
- –fast (faster images, less consistency, less expensive).
- –stop (stop the image generation).
- –video (saves a progress video).
- –seed (sets the seed).
- –sameseed (affects all images the same way).
- –aspect/–ar (generates images with the aspect ratio).
- –w (sets the width of the image).
- –no (e.g. –no plants).
- –iw (image prompt weight).
- –stylize <number> (how strong you want the image style to be).
- –q <number> (the quality of the image).
- –chaos <number> (the randomness of the image).
- –v <1 or 2> (an old algorithm to use the last improvement).
- –uplight (uses the “light” upscaler).
Stylize values can determine how artistic you want your generation to be.
- –s 625 (less artistic).
- –s 2500 (default value).
- –s 20000 (let the stylization take over).
- –s 1250 (less strict but pretty).
- –s 60000 (maximum stylization).
Quality commands can change the generation time and quality of your image.
- –q 0.25 (4x faster, rough results, cheaper).
- –q2 (2x slower, more detailed, expensive).
- –q5 (experiemental).
- –q 0.5 (2x faster, less detailed, cheaper).
- –q 1 (default value).
Adding a URL
You use a URL for the AI to use as reference/inspiration.
- /imagine <URL> (e.g. /imagine https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star#/media/File:Starsinthesky.jpg black hole).
Give a part of your prompt a specific weight.
If you didn’t add the weight, the default value will be “1”.
- /imagine bread::1.5 food::-1
- /imagine dog::1.25 animal::-0.75
- /imagine bread food::-1 animal
Preferences and settings
- /settings (opens up the visual settings).
- /prefer auto_dm True (jobs will be automatically DMed to you).
- /prefer option set <name> <value> (sets a shortcut to a value that you’ve set, similar to keyboard shortcuts).
- /prefer suffix (non-visual settings).
- /prefer suffix <text>
- /prefer option list (see a list of your preferred options).
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts, codes, links, tips and tricks, etc.