Is YouTube Music 2022 Recap not working, not showing up, or missing and do you want to fix it?
Recaps are the personalized playlists and statistics related to your top artists, songs and so on.
They are designed keeping in view your music listening history on YouTube.
The update is made each time a new yearly or seasonal recap is ready and it can be saved.
To get a recap, the minimum of listening timeframe of 10 hours of music on YouTube should be met.
In this article, I will tell you why is your YouTube Music 2022 Recap not showing up or not working and how to fix it.
Why is my YouTube Music 2022 Recap not showing up?
Your YouTube Music 2022 Recap is not showing up because you have not met the requirement in the last 10 and a half months that is, listen to 10 hours of music.
Otherwise, you have an outdated version of YouTube or YouTube music app.
These are the minimum requirements to see your YouTube Music 2022 Recap:
- You need complete at least 10 hours of music listening time across YouTube platforms between 1 January 2022 to 15 November 2022.
- Either you are using the YouTube app or the YouTube Music app for this.
- The YouTube app needs to be update to version 17.43 or newer and the YouTube Music app has to use version 5.32 or newer, or iOS 14 or newer.
Data source: YouTube Music Help (Google Support).
If you have not completed these steps or any of them, you won’t be able to see your recap.
Most of the time, the users are not able to access it because they didn’t listen to 10 hours of music in the last 10 and a half months.
In this case, you have to listen to YouTube music often in order to reach the recap next year.
How to fix YouTube Music 2022 Recap not working
To fix YouTube Music 2022 Recap not working, the first thing you need to do is to update YouTube or YouTube Music to the latest version.
If you do not have the latest Android or iOS version, you need to update your device first.
Solution 1: Update YouTube/YouTube Music
- Visit the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for the apps either of them “YouTube/YouTube Music” and open it.
- To update it, select “Update”.
- Open the YouTube Music app and sign in.
- Follow these steps: select your profile photo > Your Recap > Watch now.
Note: If you already are using the latest version of apps, try to clear the cache and the last option is to try to uninstall or reinstall the app.
Solution 2: Update your device
- For Android users: Follow these steps: Open the Settings app > System > System update > follow the instructions given to update your Android version.
- For iOS users: Follow these steps: Open the Settings app > General > Software Update > Download and Install.
Note: You should have iOS version 14 or newer.
After updating your device, go to the YouTube Music app > Select your profile photo > Your Recap.
In the end, to view your stories or download or share them, select “Watch now”.
If the stories are not visible, it clearly indicates that you’ve listened to less than 10 hours of music in the last 10 and a half months.
How to Share Spotify Wrapped 2022 on Instagram Story
Good, Cool, and Aesthetic Spotify Playlist Names
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts tips and tricks, etc.