Are you facing a “You Can’t Send Messages for 3 Days” error on Instagram?
The next part of the error is, “Something you sent in a chat went against our community guidelines”.
Under the error, you will see a button that takes you to the community guidelines page.
You will not be able to send messages and appeal as there is no option to do it.
In this article, I will tell you how to fix “You Can’t Send Messages for 3 Days” on Instagram, Messenger, or Facebook.
Why can’t I send messages for 3 days on Instagram?
You can’t send messages for 3 days on Instagram because you have sent something that is in violation of community guidelines.
In some cases, the app may block you from sending messages and it might be happening due to a mistake.
Apparently, Instagram’s made changes to the algorithm that and the latest algorithm can detect community guideline violations in messages.
Consequently, many users got blocked from sending messages even though they have not done anything bad.
You can get the error message on both Instagram and Facebook Messenger.
Here are some of the complaints, “So I tried to reply to my wife on Messenger and I found out that I’m unable to send messages for 3 days. I haven’t said anything that violates the guidelines.”.
“I can’t message customers on my personal page or business pages”.
“The same thing happened to me when I was chatting with a buddy”.
Some of the users reported that they were restricted due to alleged exploitation.
It seems like Instagram team has to fix its algorithm to avoid the restrictions that it is imposing on people by mistake.
How to fix “You Can’t Send Messages for 3 Days” on Instagram
To fix “You can’t send messages for 3 days” on Instagram, you can do two things, use Instagram on web or wait for 3 days.
Another account on IG can also be used to report a problem on the Instagram app.
Otherwise, the only way is to wait for Instagram to release a new update to update/fix the algorithm.
Currently, the algorithm is stopping people from sending messages by mistake even if they have not violated any guidelines.
Solution 1: Wait for 3 days
- To start sending messages again, wait for 3 days.
- In some cases, the waiting time may be more than 3 days to be unrestricted.
- The “You Can’t Send Messages for 3 Days” error is temporary and it will be fixed and eventually, you can send messages again.
Solution 2: Use the web version of Instagram
- You can try using the Instagram web to send messages.
- Fix 1: Visit instagram.com from your PC, log in to your account, select “Messages”, and try sending a message.
- Fix 2: Download Instagram from the Microsoft Store, use your details to log in to your account, and try sending a message.
Solution 3: Use another account
- If you’re restricted from sending messages from one account, you can use an extra account to prevent it.
- To switch accounts, visit your profile, tap on your username, and select the account that you want to use and switch to it.
- If you don’t have another Instagram account, you can get one here, after that, tap on your username, and select “Add account”.
Solution 4: Report a problem
- Visit your Instagram profile and tap on the menu icon.
- Settings > Help > Report a Problem.
- Report a Problem > Include and Continue.
- Give the details of your problem and send the report.
Note: If you’ve enabled “Shake phone to report a problem”, go to a message, shake your phone, and report your issue there.
How to Make a Website Like Instagram
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts, codes, links, tips and tricks, etc.