Are you facing a “Something went wrong with Instagram” error?
The next part of the error is, “Try updating this app after its developer provides a fix for this error”.
If you tap on “Got it” and If you tap on “Got it” and open the app again, the error will be there.
The error occurs on Android devices such as Samsung, Oppo, Huawei, and so on.
In this article, I will tell you how to fix “Something went wrong with Instagram” on Android devices.
What does “Something went wrong with Instagram” mean?
The error, “Something went wrong with Instagram” means that the app is doing that due to a bug and the culprit is the latest Instagram update.
In short, the error is based on programming and the latest update is the reason behind it and now it is crashing the app.
In this case, Instagram will send a new update to fix it.
To find out if there is an update, you need to go to Google Play Store on a regular basis.
It can be checked if others are getting the same issue as you by visiting this site: downdetector.com/status/instagram.
The issue can also be checked on social media site especially Twitter and see the top and latest tweets.
How to fix “Something went wrong with Instagram”
To fix “Something went wrong with Instagram”, you need to visit Google Play Store to download Instagram Lite.
On the other hand, you can also choose the older version of Instagram and download the APK file from a third party resource.
As a last resort, you can wait until the new update is sent by the Instagram to fix the crash.
Solution 1: Download Instagram Lite
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Find “Instagram Lite” by searching for it.
- Download Instagram Lite.
- Go to Instagram Lite.
- Use your Instagram account credentials to sign in.
Solution 2: Download an older version of Instagram
- Remove Instagram app from your device to download the older version.
- Copy and paste this link into your browser: https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android.
- To install an older version, select “Older versions”.
- After installation, open Instagram and the “Something went wrong with Instagram” error will be fixed.
Solution 3: Other troubleshooting methods
If the “Instagram closed because this app has a bug” error still persists, you can use these ways to fix it:
- Update IG app: Go to App Store or Google Play Store, search for “Instagram”, and tap on “Update” if there is any.
- Force exit and reopen: Swipe up from the bottom of your screen, go to the Instagram card, and swipe up.
- Clear Instagram’s cache: Follow these steps to remove cache: Force exit Instagram > open the Settings app > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > re-open Instagram.
- Log out and log in: Go to the Instagram app and follow these steps > Profile > Menu > Settings > Log out > Log back in.
- Wait for a while: If Instagram servers are down, you have to wait for 1 day or more so the error gets fixed.
- Remove and reinstall: Tap and hold the Instagram app, delete it, and go to the App Store or Google Play Store and reinstall it.
How to Fix “Instagram closed because this app has a bug”
How to Fix Instagram Failed to Start Several Times
How to Fix “Page isn’t available at the moment” on Instagram
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts tips and tricks, etc.