Are you facing an “Instagram” failed to start several times error?
The next part of the error is, “Restore it by clearing history?”.
If you tap on “Clear Immediately”, you might be getting the error.
The error occurs on Android devices such as Oppo, Samsung, Huawei, and so on.
In this article, I will tell you how to fix “Instagram failed to start several times. Restore it by clearing history?” on Android.
Why did Instagram fail to start?
Instagram failed to start due to a bug and the culprit behind it is the latest update.
Instagram usually sends new updates to the app to add new features and improvements.
However, some updates can result in glitches and bugs.
These bugs and glitches will only get fixed in the new update.
If the app does not start, you need to find out if Instagram servers are functional by visiting downdetector.com/status/instagram.
The problem can also be checked on social media site especially Twitter and see the top and latest tweets.
How to fix Instagram failed to start several times
To fix Instagram failed to start several times, you need to visit Google Play Store to download Instagram Lite.
On the other hand, you can also choose the older version of Instagram and download the APK file from a third party resource.
As a last resort, you can wait until the new update is sent by Instagram to fix the crash.
Solution 1: Download Instagram Lite
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Find “Instagram Lite” by searching for it.
- Download Instagram Lite.
- Go to Instagram Lite.
- Use your Instagram account credentials to sign in.
Solution 2: Download an older version of Instagram
- Remove Instagram app from your device to download the older version.
- Copy and paste this link into your browser: https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android.
- To install an older version, select “Older versions”.
- After installation, open Instagram and the “Instagram failed to start several times” error will be fixed.
Solution 3: Other troubleshooting methods
If the “Instagram failed to start several times. Restore it by clearing history?” error still persists, you can use these ways to fix it:
- Update IG app: Go to App Store or Google Play Store, search for “Instagram”, and tap on “Update” if there is any.
- Force exit and reopen: Swipe up from the bottom of your screen, go to the Instagram card, and swipe up.
- Remove and reinstall: Tap and hold the Instagram app, delete it, and go to the App Store or Google Play Store and reinstall it.
- Log out and log in: Go to the Instagram app and follow these steps > Profile > Menu > Settings > Log out > Log back in.
- Clear Instagram’s cache: Follow these steps to remove cache: Force exit Instagram > open the Settings app > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > re-open Instagram.
- Wait for a while: If Instagram servers are down, you have to wait for 1 day or more so the error gets fixed.
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts, codes, links, tips and tricks, etc.