Are you facing a “This game requires Windows 10 version 1909 (build 18363) or later” error?
The error message usually occurs when you launch Spider-Man Remastered on compatibility mode.
You will also get it if your operating system is lower than Windows 10.
The reason behind it is that Marvel’s Spider-Man Remaster uses DirectX agility SDK, which requires Windows 10 version 1909 (Build 18363) or newer to work.
However, some users are encountering the error message even though they have a newer Windows version such as Windows 11.
To fix the error, you can update windows, disable compatibility mode for Steam, or update your graphics card.
#1: Disable compatibility mode for Steam
- Firstly, visit the Steam application.
- Right-click Steam.
- Select “Show more options”.
- Select “Properties”.
- Now, go to “Compatibility”.
- Disable “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
- Lastly, select “Apply”.
If you are unable to find the Steam application, you can search for the term “Steam” using Windows search.
After finding it, select “Open file location” to go to it.
This is an official fix from Nixxes, who is the developer of Spider-Man Remastered.
#2: Update Windows
- Use the Windows search and search for “Windows update settings”.
- Open “Windows update settings”.
- Select “Check for updates”.
- Lastly, update Windows to the latest version.
If your OS is lower than Windows 10, it is necessary to update it.
The reason behind it is that Spider-Man Remastered does not work on operating systems older than Windows 10.
#3: Update your graphics card
- If you have a Nvidia graphics card, install the GeForce experience app from this URL: https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/geforce/geforce-experience/download/.
- Log in or create a new Nvidia account (Facebook can be used too).
- Select “Drivers” > “Check for updates”.
- Lastly, select “Download” to update your graphics card.
After downloading the update, try restarting Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered.
After doing so, the game will not crash and you’ll be able to play it because your graphics card is updated.
If you have an AMD graphics card, it can be updated by downloading the app here: https://www.amd.com/en/support.
If you need more help, you can post your issue on the official Spider-Man Remastered forum from this link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1817070/discussions/.
#4: Contact Insomniac support
- Firstly, visit https://support.insomniac.games/hc/en-us/requests/new.
- Enter your email address.
- Select “Game support”.
- Select “Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered”.
- Now, choose your platform.
- Enter the subject.
- Describe your issue.
- Lastly, submit the request.
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts, codes, links, tips and tricks, etc.