Do you want to add a link to your TikTok bio with or without a business account?
Are you unable to add a link to your TikTok bio but you do have a business account?
In early 2022, a lot of users were saying that they don’t have the “Website” feature.
They offer “Nonprofit” feature instead of the “Website” feature.
You can add a non-profit organization to your profile by using the “Nonprofit” feature.
However, you cannot add a link of website because it is not available.
Even you have a business account but still you can’t add a link to your TikTok bio, you’re not the only one facing this issue.
In this post, I am going to show you how to add a link to your TikTok bio with or without a business account and why can’t you add a link.
Note: As of January 20, 2022, you need to get at least 1K followers in order to add a link to your TikTok bio.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to add a link to your TikTok bio:
- Firstly, visit your TikTok profile.
- Now, tap on the menu icon.
- Choose “Settings and privacy”.
- Now, tap on “Manage account”.
- Then, tap on “Switch to Business Account”.
- Select a category.
- Go back to your TikTok profile.
- Tap on “Edit profile”.
- Tap on “Add your website”.
- Now, enter the website’s link.
- Tap on “Save”.
Just remember that you should have at least 1,000 followers to add a link to your TikTok bio (update in 2022).
Additionally, you should have a TikTok business account because it won’t work on a personal account.
You cannot add a link to your TikTok bio if you have less than 1,000 followers.
As per the 2022 update, you need at least 1,000 followers on your business account in order to add a link to your TikTok bio.
TikTok introduced this update to reduce spam.
According to TikTok, you need to complete any two of the eligibility requirements below:
- Business accounts that contain more than 1,000 followers.
- Business accounts who have completed the process of business registration (currently it is only available in the United States, United Kingdom, Russia, Indonesia, and Canada) only.
- Business accounts which are already using the website link feature before the effective date of January 22, 2022, can continue without any changes.
The new eligibility requirements will be applied to new business accounts that switched their account after the effective date.
If you are already using the link of the website before Jan 22th, 2022, you can continue using it.
However, you cannot move to a personal account.
It means that if you switch to a personal account and go back to a business account, the website link feature will be lost.
The requirements above are mentioned from a reply by the official TikTok staff about adding a link to your bio.
Here is step by step guide on how to add a link to your TikTok bio with a business account:
- Firstly, visit your TikTok profile and tap on the menu icon.
- Now, tap on “Settings and privacy”.
- Choose “Manage account” accompanied by “Switch to Business Account”.
- Select a category.
- Go back to your TikTok profile and tap on “Edit Profile”.
- Tap on “Add your website” and enter the link of the website.
- Lastly, tap on “Save”.
Just remember that you need at least 1,000 followers to add a website link to your TikTok bio with a business account (as of update in 2022).
You will not see the “Website” feature if you don’t have 1,000 followers.
The “Nonprofit” feature will be shown to you.
If your business account is already registered before 20th Jan 2022, you can still add a link to your TikTok bio without 1K followers.
However, you cannot use the feature if you switch to a personal account and switch back to a business account.
It will result in the loss of “Website” feature permanently.
You cannot add a website link to your TikTok bio without a business account.
To add a link to your their TikTok bio, you need have business accounts with at least 1,000 followers.
If you already have more than 1,000 followers, you need to switch your account to a business account.
It can be done by going to your TikTok profile > Menu > Settings and privacy > Manage account > Switch to Business Account.
After switching your person account to a business account, you will see the “Website” feature when you’re editing your profile.
- Business accounts with a minimum of 1,000 followers.
- Business accounts that completed their business registration process (currently in alpha and so only available in countries like the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Russia, and Indonesia).
- Business accounts that have the website link feature in use before January 22, 2022, can continue using the feature without any changes.
After 20th of January 2022, there are a lot of users who are unable to add a link to their TikTok bio.
It is due to the eligibility requirements updated by TikTok for the feature of the Website.
As per 20th January 2022, new users need to get at least 1K followers to add a link to their TikTok bio.
In addition to 1k followers, the account needs to be business rather than personal.
Therefore, if your link feature in bio is not functional, it is because of the update of TikTok.
On the other hand, if the link in bio is working even if you do not fulfill the 1000 followers’ requirement, you can use it.
However, do not switch to a personal account as it will remove the feature.
Apart from this, if you have queries in your mind, you can always contact TikTok support to get assistance.
Having said that, there is a great chance that you will get the same reply as the explanation given in this post.
Currently, the best way to unlock the “Website” feature is to upload videos on TikTok and get at least 1K followers.
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts tips and tricks, etc.