Are you facing a “We suspended your account” error on Instagram?
The end part of the error is, “There are 30 days remaining to disagree with the decision”.
If Instagram cannot confirm your account, it will remove it permanently.
In the meantime, people will not be able to see your account and you cannot use it.
In this post, I will guide you on how to fix “We suspended your account” on Instagram and how to disagree with the decision.
Why did my Instagram account get suspended?
Your Instagram account got suspended due to the violation of one or more of the community guidelines.
In some cases, the server of IG might suspend your account due to a mistake or Instagram might be down.
In October, thousands of Instagram users got suspended due to problems with the servers.
Instagram was facing a global outage and users were suspended without any reason.
Here are some complaints:
“So did @instagram delete anyone else’s profile this morning ? What is happening?”.
“Did anyone else’s Instagram just get suspended for no reason? And now Instagram won’t even bother to let you appeal. It just gives you an error?”.
“Immediately rushing to Twitter to see if anyone else got suspended on Instagram #instagramdown”.
How to fix “We suspended your account” on Instagram
To fix “We suspended your account” on Instagram, you have to disagree with the decision or submit the form “My Instagram account was deactivated”.
After submitting the appeal form, the next thing is to wait for a few days to get Instagram’s response.
They might need your picture and demand a selfie of yourself holding a code to verify your identity.
In rare cases, your IG account might get suspended by mistake or Instagram is having problems with its servers.
If Instagram is down, your best bet is to wait for 24 to 48 hours and the system will unsuspend your account.
Solution 1: Disagree with the decision
- When you are on “We suspended your account” page, tap on “Disagree with the decision”.
- Select “I’m not a robot”, solve the CAPTCHA, and tap on “Next”.
- Provide your phone number/email address and tap on “Send Confirmation”.
- Put the code that you’ve got via SMS or email.
- Congrats, your Instagram account has been successfully unsuspended!
Solution 2: Submit the “My Instagram account was deactivated” form
- Visit this URL https://www.facebook.com/help/instagram/contact/606967319425038.
- Provide your full name, email, IG username, and phone number.
- Tell them that your account got suspended by mistake and submit the form.
- Wait to get Instagram’s response from email.
- Take a selfie of yourself holding a code and send them.
- Wait for Instagram’s response via email again.
- If the process will be completed successfully, you’ll get an email from them that your account has been unsuspended.
Solution 3: If Instagram is down, wait for 24-48 hours
- If your account was suspended due to no reason, you need to ensure that Instagram is down.
- To inspect if Instagram is down, you can copy this link and paste it into your browser https://downdetector.com/status/instagram/ or search for the term “Instagram down” on Twitter.
- In October, tens of thousands of Instagram users got their accounts suspended without any reason.
- If you come across a spike in the number of reports on downdetector.com, it indicates that the application is down and you have to keep waiting until Instagram resolve it from their side.
- The process can take 24-48 hours to complete and in-app issues to be solved.
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts, codes, links, tips and tricks, etc.