Are you facing a “Switch to Instagram Lite” error on Instagram on Android?
The error message will be, “This version of Instagram is no longer supported”.
“You can switch to Instagram Lite, which gives you newer features without downloading a larger app”.
“Google Play is the easiest way to get Instagram Lite”.
“You can also get it by downloading an APK directly to your device”.
“You can also access your account at instagram.com”.
In this article, I will tell you how to fix the “This version of Instagram is no longer supported” error on Instagram on Android.
Why is my version of Instagram no longer supported?
Your version of Instagram is no longer supported because you have an outdated version of Instagram.
For instance, if your version is 240.0 of Instagram but the latest version is 260.0, it will not work.
Otherwise, you are using and outdated device and the Instagram app no longer support it.
Instagram Lite consumes less storage and this app is faster than the Instagram app.
It is also designed to use on slower networks, so it’s perfect for older devices.
How to fix “This version of Instagram is no longer supported”
To fix “This version of Instagram is no longer supported”, you can download Instagram Lite and use it or download an older (APK) version of Instagram.
Other ways that can be used are updating Instagram, updating your device, or clearing the app’s cache.
Solution 1: Download Instagram Lite
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Find “Instagram Lite” by searching for it.
- Download Instagram Lite.
- Go to Instagram Lite.
- Use your Instagram account credentials to sign in.
Solution 2: Download an older version of Instagram
- Remove Instagram app from your device to download the older version.
- Copy and paste this link into your browser: https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android/versions
- Choose an older version of Instagram.
- To download APK, you need to choose “Download”.
- After installation, open Instagram and log in to your account.
Solution 3: Other troubleshooting methods
- Clear Instagram’s cache and data: Follow these steps to remove cache: open the Settings app > Apps > Manage apps > Instagram > Clear Cache > Clear Data.
- Update your android device: Follow these steps: go to the Settings app > System > System update > follow the instructions on the screen
- Update IG app: Go to App Store or Google Play Store, search for “Instagram”, and tap on “Update” if there is any.
- Remove and reinstall app: Delete the Instagram app and go to the Google Play Store and reinstall it
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts, codes, links, tips and tricks, etc.