On Academia, they have a collection of more than 40 million research papers and more than 92 million users.
They have 4 aims including open access, distribution, peer review, and formats.
Their main aim is to make every paper accessible on the web free of cost.
Academia is an accessible and up-to-date paper distribution platform for students and professionals.
It facilitates the verification of the trustworthiness of papers and ideas, as well as offers expansive sharing capabilities in the video, short-form content, data-sets, and code format.
In this article, you will get a free Academia downloader or unlocker that you can use to get PDF documents, full-text papers, and packs.
Is Academia free?
Yes, Academia is freemium, because it has both free and premium versions.
You will be able to access 40 million full-text papers while using the free version of Academia.
Apart from that, you can also share your research with more or less 93 million academics.
However, you will not be able to know who is reading your papers, who mentions you or download documents.
The cost of Academia annual plan is $89 USD per year ($7.42 USD per month).
The cost for graduate students is $44.50 USD per year ($3.71 USD per month).
The cost of monthly plan is $18 USD per month.
My recommendation is to choose the annual plan rather than monthly, as a result, you will save $126 USD.
How to download Academia documents for free
To download Academia documents for free, the first thing you need to do is to get a premium subscription.
After getting Academia’s premium subscription, cancel it before 30 days.
In the end, request a refund and for that, you need to use this link: https://support.academia.edu/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Academia has a policy of 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee, so you will get your money back without any tension.
#1: Get a premium subscription
- Visit this link: https://www.academia.edu/.
- Use the “Sign Up” button and create an account.
- Follow the instructions you see on the screen and select “Premium”.
- Provide your credit card or PayPal account information and pay for Academia Premium.
#2: Start downloading documents
- The next step is to find a document that you want to download.
- Choose either of “Download PDF” or “Download Full PDF Package”.
- Before the span of 30 days, download as many documents as you can.
Note: After obtaining Academia paid version, you will be able to download unlimited documents but to be eligible for a refund, you have to cancel the subscription before 30 days.
#3: Cancel your subscription before 30 days
- Before 30 days, go to the “Account settings” by clicking on your name.
- Select “Premium Subscription” and choose “Cancel Auto-Renew”.
- Go to the bottom to select “Continue to Cancel”.
- After that, you will have to complete the survey to tell them why you don’t want to be billed again.
Note: In case, you terminate the subscription before its ends, you can still use the premium version until it expires.
#4: Request for a refund
- Visit this link: https://support.academia.edu/hc/en-us/requests/new.
- After that, choose “Billing, Payment, or Subscription Assistance”.
- Put your information (email address, subject, name, etc.).
- In the description field, tell them that you want a refund.
- Submit the form and wait to get their response.
Note: Academia has a 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee, so your payment will be refunded if you cancel the subscription before 30 days.
How to download Academia documents
To download Academia documents, the ideal way is to get Academia Premium.
The reason behind it is that you cannot download documents from Academia’s free version.
After getting the subscription, go to the document you want to download to download it.
After landing on that page, select “Download PDF” or “Download Full PDF Package” and it will download it.
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts tips and tricks, etc.