Google Analytics launched in 2005, it has become the most widely used analytics solution for WordPress websites. People also search for alternatives to Google Analytics. In this post, I shall show you the 7 Best Analytics solutions for WordPress users.
Why do you need to add Analytics to your WordPress site?
Learn more about your visitors is an ideal thing to run a successful website or online business. Analytics will help you to get data and it will also provide you insightful reports of user activity on your website.
Analytics platform describes the locations of your users, which pages they are visiting the most, how long do they stay on your site, which links they click the most etc.
Now let’s take a look at the best analytics solutions for WordPress users.
Google Analytics is the most famous analytics solution on the web or internet. Firstly, it is free of cost. Secondly, it is very easy to install in WordPress. I use Google Analytics on Green Hat Expert and recommend to all the users.
- Google Analytics is available for free.
- It is easy to install Google Analytics in WordPress.
- It is easy to use for the beginners.
- You can track links, perform A/B testing, get real time insights of your traffic.
- You can manage multiple websites and accounts using one dashboard.
- Google Analytics is rich in details and powerful that is why and it does not support learning curve for more advanced stuff like conversion reports etc.
- You are sharing valuable site data with Google by using Google Analytics.
- It is not easy to take your data with you.
Crazy Egg displays the location of your visitors where they click on your website. This technology is known as heat-mapping. In addition, it also allows you to observe how your users interact with your site.
- Allows you to find out where users click on your site with heatmaps.
- Crazy Egg also gives a scroll map that gives an overview of how far users scroll on your pages.
- You can also see the number of clicks on every element using overlay map.
- It has Confetti tool that allows you to segment your clicks into referrals, search terms and sources etc.
- It has 60 days trial after using this period, you need to select a monthly pricing plan.
- It gets a screenshot of the page and gives you reports of your clicks which is a useful thing for static pages. It is not effective for dynamic pages like the main page of the blog.
KISSmetrics is another analytics solution and conversion optimization service. Google Analytics informs you what is going on your website. KISSmetrics tells you who is doing it.
- Get metrics to see who is doing what on your site.
- Create funnels and reach out to the customers who did not convert.
- Easy integration using KISSmetrics plugin for WordPress.
- You can observe an individual user on your site and see what he did the entire spend on your website.
- KISSmetrics is great in identifying people but does not give granular data like Google Analytics.
- The prices depend on events and can go higher than your expectations.
KissMetrics is great for eCommerce websites.
Mixpanel is an alternative to KISSmetrics. It supports event tracking and user level analytics in real time. Mixpanel is available for the web as well as for mobile apps.
- User level tracking enables you to see what your users are doing.
- Helps you to avoid user retention by sending emails and push notifications to your users.
- It has an attractive user interface that makes it easy for you to use it.
- Use funnels to increase conversions.
- The price depends on the actions of people that they take on your app/site, it can become more expensive than your expectations.
Piwik is a self-hosted analytics solution and it is not similar to other solutions. It is also an open source like WordPress.
- It is an open source alternative to Google Analytics.
- Piwik integrates well with log file analyzers which allows you great insights into bot/user activity on your website.
- Self hosted means that you own your stats and data.
- Integrates well with eCommerce and WordPress plugins.
- It is self hosted, it means that you are responsible for management, installation, updating and security of the software.
- May not support all the features of other solutions in the list.
Woopra is another web analytics tool which has extensive set of features. It is similar to Mixpanel and KISSmetrics, it also allows you to track individual users.
- Use funnels to see what is stopping the users from taking an action.
- Track visitors to see how they interact with your site.
- Easy integration with WordPress using the official plugin.
- Woopra has a limited free plan, you will get plan which is for small business and it will be costly.
WordPress.com can be integrated with any self-hosted WordPress website by using JetPack. It provides some basic stats for your users.
- Easy to implement with JetPack plugin for WordPress.
- Easy to understand the statistics for your site.
- Developed by WordPress and it is free of cost.
- It lacks the features that Google Analytics gives you or any other analytics tool. It gives only basic stats.
- You will need a free WordPress.com account and connect your site to WordPress.com servers
I hope that you have liked this post. Now, you will find the best analytics solution for your website.
Do not forget to share this post.
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts, codes, links, tips and tricks, etc.