Every Minecraft server should have a list of rules in order to maintain it.
When you add rules to your Minecraft server, the members will know what they are not allowed to do.
If you don’t add good rules to your server, the members will not be in control and will do whatever they want.
The users will grief, scam other players, or advertise other servers if you have not added rules.
As a result, new players/members who join your Minecraft server might end up leaving.
The rules will also decrease the retention rate of your server.
However, it is a difficult task to come up with rules because they might not be coming into your mind.
This post has a list of good Minecraft server rules, templates, and ideas for SMP, survival, and faction servers.
What is a Minecraft server with no rules called?
A Minecraft server without any rules is known as a Minecraft Anarchy server.
A Minecraft Anarchy server does not have rules, and banning members is close to no.
Players can grief and use hacks and do not get banned for it.
Inhospitable or nihilistic are other names of Anarchy servers.
However, many players will join them and enjoy the independence because there are no rules.
In addition to no rules, cursing, threats, and obscene content are also present in Anarchy servers.
Usually, these servers’ spawn is destroyed, so you need to travel a long distance away in order to build.
How do I add rules to a Minecraft server?
To add rules to your Minecraft server, you need to install the “Essentials” plugin.
Go to the “rules.txt” file in the “Essentials” plugin folder.
You can add rules to server in the “rules.txt” file.
The “Essentials” plugin has been developed with a “/rule” command that players can use.
Whenever the players use the “/rule” command, the rules of your Minecraft servers will be shown to them.
Add a “server rules room” close to your Minecraft server spawn.
You can add rules to “server rules room” with the help of signs.
Good Minecraft server rules
- All players must have good usernames that are not inappropriate or offensive.
- Your Minecraft skin must be agreed with our community and are not offensive.
- Do not build any type of farm with the purpose to overwhelm or cause a negative impact on the server.
- Modifications that control your player or automate actions are prohibited.
- If you disagree with another player or are uncomfortable with their messages, please notify a staff member.
- Please use English in public chat.
- Griefing is strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent ban.
- Going into another player’s base without permission is trespassing.
- Do not kill pets, animals, or any name-tagged mob of another player.
- Do not ask for free stuff or beg for items.
- Do not hack or cheat to gain an advantage that would not normally be available in regular gameplay.
- Speaking other languages in the global chat except English is not allowed.
- Harassing staff members or other players is not allowed.
- Impersonating staff members or other players is not permitted.
- Trading of any items for real-life money or form of currency is prohibited.
- Do not send any personal information without the owner’s consent.
- Do not attempt to use our server for the purpose of scamming other players.
- Any threat or attempt to DOX/DDoS/SWAT another player or server will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not send any link that is deemed inappropriate or malicious.
- Advertising of other servers in public and private chat is prohibited.
- Never share your account’s information with anyone.
- Use of inappropriate language or creating inappropriate content is not allowed.
- Malicious threats of any kind towards other players are not permitted.
- Do not send the same message in quick succession in public chat.
- If you encounter any disrespectful players, please report them to a staff member.
- If you are not sure if something is against the rules, please ask a staff member.
- Please replant trees whenever you destroy them.
- Crafting or using TNT in the server is not allowed.
- Stealing other player’s items is not allowed.
- Teleport trapping is prohibited.
- Cobble monstering to create large structures are not allowed.
- Saying something to confuse or mislead other players is not allowed.
- Do not talk or joke about inappropriate subjects.
- Being rude or arguing with other players in a hostile manner is not allowed.
- Bypassing filtered words is prohibited.
- Continued unwanted behavior towards a player is not allowed.
- Profanity, racism, and discrimination are prohibited in public chat.
- Do not send spoilers in public chat.
- Any link that is deemed inappropriate or malicious is not allowed.
- Keep the chat civil and appropriate for everyone.
- Being excessively rude or abusive towards another player is not allowed.
- Do not make any type of serious threat towards another player.
- Inappropriate builds are not allowed.
- Do not loot another player’s death location.
- Do not modify the builds of other players without their consent.
- After you’ve harvested the crops of a farm, please replant them.
- Lying to staff members is not permitted.
- You are not allowed to open a dispute on a store purchase or donation.
- Do not spam commands that negatively affect other players.
- Do not use items that are not typically obtainable in-game on any other server.
- Abusing a bug or a glitch in the server to gain an unfair advantage is not allowed.
- Using an alternate account to bypass a ban is prohibited.
- Do not use any form of automated programs or scripts.
- You cannot advertise anything that is not related to the server.
- You cannot use alternate accounts to spam chat, commands, or other communication methods.
- Doing anything considered to be illegal is not allowed on the server.
- Do not send links to any other Discord server in public chat.
- Discussing anything inappropriate in public chat is not allowed.
- All clicks must be done manually (on a mouse) without rebinding.
- You are not allowed to share account information in chat.
- If you want to speak in a language other than English, please use private messaging.
- Do not repeatedly ask or beg for mod status.
- Please build 100 blocks away from another player’s build.
- Do not place unwanted lava or water around the map.
- Do not keep asking or begging for items or weapons.
- The use of stolen or hacked accounts is not permitted.
- Do not use any derogatory terms on the server.
- Any form of hate speech is prohibited.
- Be polite and show respect to each other.
- Do not encourage other players to break rules.
- If you notice any player violating a rule, please report it to a staff member.
- Do not spam teleport requests.
- Excessive Caps Lock in the chat is not allowed.
- Do not criticize the server or any players.
- Drama, politics, and religion in the chat are prohibited.
- Do not use any fancy or glitchy characters in chat.
- Do not argue or harass staff members.
- Please keep the chat friendly for all age groups.
Adding rules to your Minecraft server is imperative and I am saying that for some reasons.
Firstly, rules are made to maintain peace and stability in your server.
If your server is an SMP, it’s highly recommended to set a “No-grief” rule.
This will help to stop members from destroying others’ builds.
Secondly, rules will increase the retention rate of your server.
There is a great chance that players give preference to that server that is managed well.
Additionally, if any member breaks a rule, you or your staff members have the right to penalize them.
The most common penalties you can impose are a temporary ban and a permanent ban.
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts tips and tricks, etc.