Are you unable to send photos or pictures on Facebook Messenger and do you want to fix it?
You can start voice calls, group call and text messaging on messenger.
Apart from that, you can also contact with your Instagram followers using messenger and find them via their name and username.
You can select who can reach you or where your messages are sent with the help of your privacy settings.
There is a wide range of emojis to expose your reactions.
There are various chat themes to select from including “Tie-Dye” or “Love” to personalize the app.
In this article, I will tell you why you can’t send photos or pictures on Messenger and how to fix it.
Why can’t I send pictures on Messenger?
You can’t send pictures on Messenger because the app does not have the access to your camera and photos.
It can also happen when your internet is very slow or not working properly.
Otherwise, the Messenger servers are facing outage and you have to wait for them to become fully functional again.
You can check the servers’ status by navigating to downdetector.com/status/facebook-messenger/.
If you see a spike in the graph, it means the app is having an issue.
How to fix can’t send photos on Messenger
To fix can’t send photos on Messenger, the only step you need to take is to allow the app to access your photos and videos.
You can also connect to a VPN or go for the PC version of messenger.
If Messenger is down, the only way is to wait for 2 days so it can become fully functional again.
Solution 1: Allow Messenger to access your photos
For iPhone users:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down and choose “Messenger”.
- Enable “Camera”.
- Choose “Photos” and select “All Photos”.
For Android users:
- Go to the Settings app and follow these steps.
- Apps > See all apps > Messenger.
- Permissions > Photos and videos > Allow.
Solution 2: Connect to a VPN
- Force close the Messenger app.
- After that, find a free VPN app like Secure VPN and download it.
- Connect to a VPN from the countries like Canada, United Kingdom, France.
- Go to the Messenger app and try to send photos again.
Solution 3: Use Messenger on a PC instead
- Visit this link messenger.com, sign in to your Facebook account, and you can use Messenger on your web browser.
- Apart from using it on web browser, you can also install the Messenger desktop app, launch it, and log in to your Facebook account.
- Select the messenger icon from facebook.com and try sending messenger photos from there.
Note: If you are unable to send photos from Messenger mobile app, you can use the web via messenger.com, or you can also use fb.com.
Solution 4: Use these fixes to troubleshooting
- Clear cache of Messenger app (for Android users, go to the Settings app > Apps > See All Apps > Messenger > Storage & cache > Clear cache > Force stop).
- Force close the Messenger app and relaunch it.
- Enable mobile data for Messenger (for iOS users, visit Settings > Mobile Data > Messenger > Enable).
- Switch on Airplane mode and switch it off.
- Use mobile data rather than Wi-Fi (and vice-versa).
- If you’re connected to a VPN but can’t send photos, switch it off.
Solution 5: Wait for 24-48 hours
- Find out if Messenger is down from the link: downdetector.com/status/facebook-messenger/.
- To check the error, use Twitter or Reddit to see if there are people encountering the same problem as you.
- If Messenger is down, wait for 1-2 days and it will be fixed.
How to Make a Website Like Facebook
Arsalan Rauf is an entrepreneur, freelancer, creative writer, and also a fountainhead of Green Hat Expert. Additionally, he is also an eminent researcher of Blogging, SEO, Internet Marketing, Social Media, premium accounts, codes, links, tips and tricks, etc.